Just announced: communal toilet blocks can be opened!
As you would have heard, the State Government announced on Sunday 24th May 2020 that people are now able to go camping, but they are not allowed to use communal spaces, such as toilet blocks. Since that announcement, we have been swamped with calls and emails from people eager to come and visit our holiday park. In line with the rules set by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), we have been taking bookings from 1st June, on the condition that our campers have their own ‘self-contained’ toilet and shower.
Well, effective this afternoon, 28th May 2020, the goal posts have moved again! Our industry has just had confirmation from the State Government that communal toilet blocks can be opened from 1st June.
What does this mean?
Based on this updated information from Government, it now appears that we are legally allowed to open our toilet blocks, but conditions apply – namely:
- Communal toilets will be opened;
- Showers are not able to be opened; and
- Specific Social Distancing rules are to be adhered to.
When will Warburton Holiday Park open it’s toilet blocks?
Given the reversal of rules that have just been announced, we need time to complete our renovations and adjustments to the new social distancing requirements. We have been caught out to a degree by this most recent government ‘backflip’, and we are not in a position to open our toilet blocks until Friday 5th June 2020.
- Our communal toilets will be open from Friday 5th June (in time for the Queens Birthday long weekend);
- Showers will not be open;
- Social distancing rules are required; and
- Until the restrictions are lifted, we will continue to only take bookings from guests who are self-contained (has built-in toilet and shower facilities in a van, camper trailer, or motorhome)
We apologise unreservedly for any angst or confusion that these revised rules may have caused, and we have been extremely frustrated by the constant backflips to the new regulations. At all times, we have sought to follow the latest government directives and interpreted them as best we can.
Guest and staff safety has been paramount at all times as we have navigated the evolving environment. We just didn’t expect things to evolve quite as quickly as they have!
At any rate, today’s announcement hopefully means that we can welcome back more people to our wonderful holiday park much faster than expected!